We are very pleased to announce the completion of our new loading dock addition at our distribution and manufacturing center in Fayetteville, North Carolina, which is a +/-920,000 square foot, state-of-the-art, multi-tenanted warehouse and distribution center strategically situated on the Interstate 95 corridor.
SkyREM, LLC acquired the building, which sits on a site consisting of 120 acres, in July of 2018 and were drawn in by its strategic location at I-95, close proximity (just four miles) to the Fayetteville Regional Airport, as well as to Fort Bragg – the world’s largest military installation. The property is within the Raleigh-Durham metro area and can serve over 80% of the US population within a day. The property features 32-foot clear ceiling heights and a generous parking ratio with abundant loading.
Some of the specifications of this new build include:
- 40’ x 296’ x 16’ pre-engineered custom made metal loading dock building by with metal rib side walls and standing seam metal roof
- 18 new 9’ x 10’ loading docks with dock levelers and bumpers
- A loading area with new LED lighting
- Completely rehabbed bee interior space
Since the acquisition, we have fully modernized the property into a state-of-the-art asset, investing over $5.0 million in rent-ready and curb appeal improvements consisting of, but not limited to, interior and exterior LED lighting, a new loading dock addition consisting of 18 new loading docks with new tractor trailer staging area, new roof throughout with GAF’s Roof Shield IS warranty, new warehouse bathrooms and bathroom fixture replacement in existing office and warehouse bathrooms, expansion in size of 10 existing loading dock door openings, rehabilitation of the trailer storage lot with a capacity of 100 trailers, infra-red testing of all electrical panels, and finally, replacement and repairs to office heating and cooling systems.
The I-95 Distribution Center has been successfully repositioned from a single user property to a highly functional multi-tenant facility, which now features:
- Great interstate access and proximity to markets/ports in the Southeast U.S.
- Modern, state-of-the-art distribution, manufacturing, storage facility
- Generous clear heights of 32’
- Abundant parking and several trailer storage locations on the 120-acre site
- Generous “floor-to-door” ratios, with 66 current dock doors and 18 new dock doors- total 84 loading docks
- 100% wet sprinkler
One of our goals at SkyREM is to support the revitalization efforts of cities across the United States (you can read more about our social impact initiatives here). To that end, we are very proud of this project which has already created hundreds of new quality jobs, and will create many more with the completion of the project, and bringing it to full capacity- ahead of schedule during the pandemic. We also support the community by making a significant donation to the Airborne & Special Operations Museum Foundation that we have become a lifetime benefactor of.